A hive that has been affected by CCD

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Efforts to help save the Bees

Since CCD has become a know problem there has been more efforts made to help find a cause for it. The farm bill has dedicated more funds to "pollinators" in specific which helps in the research needed to see what is causing CCD. There have also been many environmental groups started that raise funding and awareness for this problem. Most people are not aware of this issue and when they are asked to give funds to help out research they just scoff at the cause and think that there is much more important things they can give their donations to. This really is a valid cause that needs a solution soon. Another way to help out without having to shell out any money is to plant bee friendly flowers and to cut down on amounts of pesticides used in your garden. The bees need to be saved and they are unable to do it themselves, they wouldn't even be surviving without the help of people.

2 comments:

  1. I’ve never even heard of colony collapse disorder, I didn’t even know that the number of bees has been decreasing. It’s easy for people to forget all the little things that make our world the world as we know it. Sometimes we just don’t think about what our life would be like without things such as the bees. They are necessary for our environment and I think it’s a good idea to get our public more educated on the subject.
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that most people don't worry about things like this that are actually important, it seems their more worried about what celebrity is getting married this week. Before I did this research paper I didn't know much about the subject either, but now that I have I am way more interested in it. I am going to try and plant some bee friendly flowers next year, I know that it's probably not going to make a huge difference in the problem but the way I look at it is that every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete